15. University of Delaware, DE (tie)
Overall MONEY rank: 54
- Estimated price 2016-17 without aid: $27,300
- Estimated price 2016-17 with average aid: $19,300
- Early career earnings: $50,700
- Average SAT/AVT score: 1170/27
The University of Delaware, which traces its history back to 1743, is one of the oldest universities in the U.S. Today it is a major research university, with more than 140 bachelor’s degree programs, and majors as wide ranging as business, education, criminology, and chemical engineering that routinely show up in top college rankings. UD is a land-, sea-, and space-grant university, meaning it commits to researching and teaching fields related to agriculture, marine, and space through an agreement with the U.S. government.